- CS 110 Introduction to Computer-Based Systems
- EDU 204 Child Development, Cognition and Learning
- EDU 206 Educational Psychology
- EDU 238 Teaching Children’s Literature in the Elementary School
- EDU 215 Education for Students with Special Needs
- EDU 312 Teaching English Language Learners
- EDU 338 Reading, Writing and Assessment Methods
- EDU 339 Teaching Mathematics and Computers in the Elementary School
- EDU 341: Educational Assessment
- EDU 318 Professional Practicum (1 credit)*
- ENG 101 Written Communications
- One of the following mathematics courses: MAT 101, Mathematics for Liberal Studies or MAT 103, College Algebra or MAT115, Introductory Statistics or PSY115, Understanding Statistics
- MCM 120 Interpersonal Communications
- PSY 110 General Psychology
- SOC 120 Introduction to Sociology
Option A: Three TDS electives (one from the Natural World and one from Modes of Thought, Inquiry and Expression. The third can be from any main category).
Option B: Two courses in the same foreign language and one writing intensive course.
Four Noncredit Workshops: Teaching Physical Education in the Elementary School, Teaching Art in the Elementary School, Teaching Music in the Elementary School, and Technology Workshop.
*A three week full-time clinical experience in a local elementary school. Requires observing, aiding, tutoring, teaching, and maintaining a portfolio. Supervised by College faculty.