A recent survey* revealed more than 90 percent of today’s private-sector and nonprofit business leaders value employees who can think critically, solve complex problems and communicate with confidence.
These values are the cornerstone of the liberal arts and the Associates online program delivers the business curriculum in a liberal arts context that develops these skills. The Wilson College online program is interdisciplinary, with courses that work together to build a strong foundation for management in business and other settings.
- Apply management principles to the planning, organization, leadership and decision-making within a business.
- Knowledge of relevant theories and the ability to apply them to a variety of employee issues and responsibilities in a contemporary business context.
- Understanding of the steps of the accounting cycle and application of mathematical models to solve business related issues.
- Identify and analyze role of internal and external factors on business decision-making processes.- Work prioritization and project management.
- Recognition of workplace dynamics and ability to make recommendations that drive change.
- Demonstrated ability to apply practice of effective written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Respond to ethical and moral issues as applied to the workplace.
* It Takes More Than a Major: Employer Priorities for College Learning and Student Success. April 2013, Hartt Research Associates.