Students considering a major in Early Childhood Education or one of the Secondary Education certification programs must apply for admission to the Education Program before the end of the spring semester of their sophomore year.
Students seeking admission to the Education Program must make an appointment with one of the Education faculty to discuss the program and application process.
Students must have achieved the following:
* A cumulative GPA of 3.0.
* A GPA of 3.0 in education courses.
* A passing score on PAPA Exams (Reading, Writing, Mathematics).
Students must also complete an application file, which shall contain:
* An application form
* Two letters of recommendation, at least one from a faculty member at Wilson College
* Wilson transcript (unofficial copy from Registrar's Office to the Education Department)
* 500-word essay on "Why I want to become a teacher."
Candidates will then be interviewed by Education faculty.
Students must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA in order to be eligible for certification.