- MCM 105 – Introduction to Mass Communications
- MCM 201 – Journalism I
- MCM 207 - Mass Media and Popular Culture
- MCM 301 – Journalism II
- MCM 303 – Media Law and Ethics
- MCM 304 – Mass Media and Society
- MCM 310 – Women in the Media
- MCM 400 - Assessment Portfolio (.5 credit)
- MCM BB – Print Journalism Practicum (one credit)
Three courses (with at least one at the 300 level) from among the following:
- ENG 230 – Film Analysis and History
- ENG 232 – Modern Drama
- ENG 235 – Film Genres and Genders
- ENG 317 – American Literature Since 1945
- ENG 270/370 – Topics (when applicable)
Any MCM course at or above the 200 level.
Each student in the Media Studies Concentration is also required to develop a familiarity with a coherent subject area that could become a writing specialty by taking at least four courses from a subject area other than Mass Communications. Students can satisfy this requirement by: 1) constructing a coherent subject area from a single department or from multiple departments with approval from her advisor; 2) earning a formal Wilson College minor; or 3) declaring a double major in another subject area. A student who chooses this route may wish to declare the Professional Writing Concentration as her second major. The primary major will then satisfy her coherent subject area requirement, and the Mass Communications second major can be used to satisfy her TDS and WI requirements.
All students at Wilson are required to complete Assessment in their Major.