Full-Time Positions, Sept. 1
Alpha & Omega Mounted Security Patrol
Alpha & Omega Mounted Security Patrol is seeking a candidate with strong connections in the horse world to be its nationwide Director of Recruiting. This job involves recruiting riders to work as security personnel at music festivals and other venues nationwide.
Title: Director of Recruiting For Alpha & Omega Mounted Security Patrol
Salary/Benefits: Base salary with bonus plus excellent medical, dental, retirement benefits
Location: Frequent work in Dallas/Houston and at music festival sites nationwide
. Implement a recruiting program for A&O Troopers
. Recruit candidates to ride on mounted security
. Set up rider/horse interview and testing sessions
across the U.S. and schedule candidates
. Devise retention plan
. Review salary and benefit packages to determine
. Advise on promotion plan for Troopers
. Develop and maintain contacts in horse/riding
. Develop incubator programs for inexperienced
. Set up training for horses and riders who did not
pass the first round of testing
. Host riding clinics which can be mined for
. Attend horse community trade shows, rodeos, and
other events to search for candidates
Experience, education and requirements:
. Some post-secondary education, technical training, or military service
. 5 years business experience
. Willingness and flexibility to travel
. Ability to work independently
. Goal oriented
. Sales experience helpful
. Ag business connections helpful
. Ability to establish and work within budget
Alpha & Omega Mounted Security Patrol (A&O), a family-owned business founded in 1990, is the nation's largest and oldest private mounted patrol. Highly trained, uniformed Troopers provide public safety services at mixed use developments, amphitheaters, music festivals and other mass gatherings at locations across the United States. Kel Executive Services (KES) is an affiliate of A&O that provides full service security consultation, planning and implementation.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter including salary requirements and references to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equestrian Culture Magazine
Position: Independent Advertising Sales Representative
Company: Equestrian Culture Magazine
Location: Work From Home
Equestrian Culture magazine is seeking a self-motivated and passionate individual to join our team and help us grow this beautiful new publication! Our ideal candidate is outgoing, intelligent, professional, and has a great team spirit.
Familiarity with the horse industry is a plus!
• Maintain and expand our advertiser base.
• Confidently handle cold calling, giving prospective clients strong and compelling presentations over the phone.
• Educating potential clients on the value of
Equestrian Culture and how our multi-media partnership can grow their business.
• Following up with clients: ability to convert prospects and close deals.
• Meeting and exceeding sales goals on a consistent basis.
• Excellent presentation, communication, and organizational skills.
• Excellent customer services skills.
• Experience working from home.
• Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
• High level of integrity and work ethic.
• Experience in the horse and equestrian industry is preferred.
• Strong computer skills.
Equestrian Culture discovers the best art, style, and boutique businesses representing the passionate equestrian.
We make it a point to include three to four in-depth interviews with equine artists, photographers, and businesses unique to this market in each issue. Our readers discover beautiful products via our "Small Business Spotlight", read heartwarming stories about favorite horses and riding lessons in "The Horse Behind the Brand" and find inspiration in our featured equine artist and photographer interviews.
Equestrian Culture is available both in print and online.
Printed copies of Equestrian Culture are distributed nationally to Barnes & Noble bookstores, internationally to subscribers and at some of North America's most prestigious horseshows. The Equestrian Culture team is passionate, caring, fun, and energetic.
Compensation: Commission Only
Position Available: Immediately
Please send resumé and references to:
Founder & Editorial Director
Equestrian Culture Magazine
Full Time Position, July 31
Cavalia Seeking Veterinary Technician
Working under the supervision of the Equestrian Operations Director, the Veterinarian Technician is responsible for the good health and well-being of horses on tour. This position requires working variable shifts.
. Plan and provide treatments and nutritional programs for horses
. Monitor the horses' health and provide treatment if necessary
. Coordinate treatment with the veterinarian
. Order food and medical supplies
. Make sure that the stables are conform to hygiene and safety measures
. Supervise the maintenance of the equipment and monitor the inventory
. Participate in set-up/tear down of the stables
. Assist the manager in transporting the horses between cities
. Provide help backstage during shows
. Perform all other tasks related to the site maintenance and smooth running of operations.
. Diploma in animal/equine health technology is an asset
. Experience with show horses, specially stallions is an asset
. Team and detail oriented
. Interested in touring full-time with the show and authorized to travel and work in foreign countries
To be discussed. Transportation, lodging, food and per diem are provided on tour.
Candidates should apply to:
Ref.: Veterinary Technician
Fax: (514) 879-9003
E-mail: <mailto:email@example.com> firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Time Position, July 14
National Horse Sports Network seeks Social Media & Marketing Manager
Location: (Arcadia, California)
SOCIAL MEDIA AND MARKETING MANAGER
Do you have a passion for horses and/or horse racing?
The Social Media and Marketing Manager at HRTV will have two areas of responsibility: social media and consumer communications.
A. Social Media
- Working with the head of marketing, the Social Media and Marketing Manager will take the lead and central role in developing and implementing HRTV's Social Media Strategy, supporting brand awareness of the HRTV networks, generating TV viewership and inbound traffic to HRTV.com <http://www.hrtv.com/> and developing leads for HRTV.com <http://www.hrtv.com/> subscription sales.
- This role coordinates with the internal Marketing and the Digital Media Team to support their respective missions, ensuring consistency in voice and cultivating an ever-increasing social media referral network. Specifically, the ideal candidate will grow the HRTV Facebook Fan and Twitter Followers counts, develop, the HRTV YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest sites, and explore and as appropriate, initiate new social opportunities and various relevant blogging sites as they become viable.
- Plan and implement the social media tacticalinitiatives at HRTV and HRTV.com <http://www.hrtv.com/> , coordinating with Live Production, Digital Media and PR to ensure its effectiveness and encouraging adoption of relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture, including all of HRTV's platforms and public personnel.
- Work with in-house graphics resources to assure the optimal and appropriate art is available for use on each social platform.
- Work with the Digital Media Team to ensure socialmedia tools (for ex. FB connect, Sharing buttons) are kept up to date
- Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities. Duties include online advocacy, writing editorial, selected community-outreach efforts, supporting marketing, tune-in, promotions, etc.
- Manage presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed.
- Be HRTV's advocate in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Manage social outreach programs and build an active brand ambassador network to spread the word about the HRTV and HRTV.com
- Monitor and report effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to continually maximize results.
- Regularly feedback insights gained from social media monitoring into the Marketing and Editorial teams, to help them evolve their strategies in a timely fashion
- Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications and recommend best practices
B. Consumer Communications
- Working with the overall mission and goals, and specific timely events on the HRTV platforms, the Social Media and Marketing Manager will take a central role in HRTV's Consumer Communications Strategy developing outbound consumer messaging tactics to be addressed to current and potential HRTV viewers and HRTV.com visitors and subscribers. Specifically, the ideal candidate will implement print and online advertising, direct marketing, email and on-site campaigns for HRTV.
- Implement the consumer communications initiatives at HRTV and HRTV.com, coordinating with Live Production, Digital Media and PR to ensure goals are on target and optimize synergy.
- Work with in-house graphics resources to assure the optimal and appropriate art is available.
- Manage the HRTV email campaign plan, including schedule, topics and inclusion of advertisers. Duties include composing awareness, optimal tune in/click through, direct response and local activation copy.
- Integrate subscriber acquisition and marketing promotional initiatives across all outbound communications and social media, as appropriate.
- Monitor and report effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of consumer communications, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns to continually maximize results.
- Regularly feedback insights gained from monitoring the impact of communications into the Marketing and Editorial teams, to help them evolve their strategies in a timely fashion
- Monitor and report on trends in online advertising, media, email and direct marketing.
- Plus other responsibilities that may be assigned.
- Must have knowledge and experience in the equestrian world, including Thoroughbred Horse Racing (history, statistics, players, etc.) and other Western and English horse sports.
- Strong project management, writing and organizational skills.
- Self-starter, focused, results-oriented and having a drive for sales
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships.
- Must be knowledgeable of social media trends in Thoroughbred Horse Racing and Western and English horse sports.
- In-depth knowledge, experience with and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
- Knowledge, understanding and experience with best practices in direct marketing, including email, on-site and other campaigns.
- Must be knowledgeable of social media best practices and be comfortable overseeing and executing the social media footprint under those practices
- Experienced with successful print, online and location-based marketing efforts
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
- Must have experience with SEO, analytics, tracking and analysis of posts and data
- Must be a good team player and can work collaboratively to achieve company goals
- Must be able to work flexible schedules, including Saturdays and Sundays Must have Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field.
- Marketing/Social Media experience: 3+ years
Please email cover letter & resume to email@example.com
Full Time Position, July 7
Morris Media Network Equine Group seeks an experienced Associate Editor/Writer for Cowboy Publishing Group
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Salary: Commensurate with experience; includes comprehensive benefits package
- Write event coverage, feature stories, how-to articles and various department articles.
- Take high quality digital photographs and video to illustrate feature articles, and for use in departments, blogs, web content and social media.
- Develop and post content for web site and for social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Represent magazine at industry functions as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in English or journalism.
- Minimum of five years experience.
- Leadership and management abilities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Organized, disciplined and self-motivated.
- Strong technical and feature writing abilities.
- Strong background and working knowledge of Western equine disciplines.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and samples to:
Cowboy Publishing Group
Patty Tiberg, Group Publisher
2112 Montgomery St.
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Morris Media Network is an equal opportunity employer.
Full Time Positions, July 2
Palm Partnership Training Seeks Intern for Social Media and Online Marketing
Palm Partnership Training seeks creative enthusiastic intern to further develop online marketing through social media including Facebook, twitter and YouTube. Additionally, website maintenance and editorial assignments may arise.
The applicant should be familiar with current industry trends and relevant media outlets. The ideal candidate can work independently, interact well with team members and follow directions closely, at the same time, taking initiative and capable of meeting deadlines.
Opportunity can be for onsite office location in Ocala, FL or long distance for the suited candidate. Future employment could become available after three months. Please submit resume and additional supporting materials to Marie-Frances Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Lynn Palm
Palm's career highlights include 2007 American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA) Horsewoman of the Year, a record four AQHA Superhorse wins, AQHA Female Equestrian of the Year by the Women's Athletic Association, named one of the top United States clinicians by Horse & Rider magazine, over 34 AQHA World and Reserve World Champions, over 50 bridleless dressage exhibitions at events including the National Horse Show, 1989 World Cup and the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games, and World Cup. Palm and Cyril Pittion-Rossillon are co-founders of three horse industry companies: Palm Partnership Training, Women LUV Horses, and Alliance Saddlery USA. Palm is the author of the new release, The Rider's Guide to Real Collection. Being the first female with an equine educational TV show, Palm's training show airs on HRTV Dish
404 Tuesday evenings with additional airings throughout the week and on demand at HRTVlive.com.
About Cyril Pittion-Rossillon
Pittion-Rossillon hails from Paris, France, where he earned his Riding Master Degree from the French National Equestrian School. With his extensive equine background and thirty years of experience, Cyril brings an ideal background to his instructor duties. His credentials include: Trained under members of French Olympic Team . French Junior Jumper Circuit . French Open Jumper Circuit (Levels 5 and 6) .
Eventing Preliminary Division . AQHA & USEF Hunter Division . Youth & Amateur Coach for USEF & AHSA competition .
Co-Director and Instructor Palm Partnership Training Clinics . Co-Founder and Managing Director of Alliance Saddlery
Palm Partnership Training
9445 NW 60th Ave
Ocala, FL 34482
Advertising Representative Job Opening
I-5 Publishing LLC, the country's leading publisher of enthusiast magazines, books and websites, is seeking a sales representative to join our equine and farming advertising team.
Do you have a knowledge and passion for horses?
Are you looking for the opportunity to further refine and groom your sales skills?
Would you like to work with an innovative, enthusiastic, and forward thinking team?
If you answered yes to these questions, have at least 1-2 years of successful sales experience, and are career oriented, then apply now! Send your resume to <mailto:email@example.com> firstname.lastname@example.org.
About I-5 Publishing LLC I-5 Publishing is the leading provider of multi-platform content for special interest communities and brands. I-5 is part of the only truly full-service publishing services organization - offering brands a complete solution from generation of content to preparation for all platforms to distribution to mass market and specialty retailers and into consumers' homes.
I-5 Publishing is headquartered in Irvine, CA, with offices in Glendale, CA; Shelton, CT; Lexington, KY; Chicago, IL and Metuchen, NJ.
Full Time Positions June 23
GGT -Footing T the Equine Footing division of Polysols, INC has an immediate opening for a Full time Entry level Sales assistant position located in the company's Spartanburg, South Carolina, office.
GGT- FootingT the equine division of Polysols Corporation is a world known supplier of high quality polyester textiles, Butterfly Arena Matting systems, dust control products as well as arena grooming products. GGT- Footing has experienced tremendous growth in the past five years and is ready to add the right individual to its sales force.
This position is responsible for assisting National Account manager in project management (arena construction, coordination of sand quarries, arena contractor, sales of GGT-products).
Sending samples, following up on leads as well as prospecting for new business.
Database entry and management, quoting arena projects.
Travelling to trade shows ,assisting with booth set up as well as horse show visits at locations where
GGT- FootingT is a sponsor.
Assisting with articles, press releases, and help co-ordinate advertising with magazines and help manage marketing program.
We are looking for a team player who is interested in their own personal sales growth, as well as an open minded individual with ideas to share on growing the company's business
The position also ensures the smooth running of the sales office by effectively completing all administration tasks and special projects.
High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Equine studies in college a plus.
Experience in sales or customer service.
Extensive equine experience and full understanding of various equestrian disciplines.
Good math skills
excellent interpersonal skills
Exceptional phone and customer service skills excellent organization and time-management skills.
Able to perform multiple tasks efficiently Ability to identify and meet customers' needs and requirements Strong attention to detail, possessing a sales aptitude and interest in preventing errors and solving problems Hardworking self-starter and problem solver.
Positive and upbeat attitude
Experience with Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office preferred, knowledge of Sales Force Database a plus!
Knowledge of construction and arena building a plus, barn management experience is helpful.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Cynthia Brewster-Keating @email@example.com
Full Time Positions June 11
Advertising Customer Service Representative
Morris Media Network Equine Group, seeks an experienced full-time advertising customer service representative for Cowboy Publishing Group
Location: Fort Worth, Texas.
Salary: Commensurate with experience with comprehensive benefits package.
Position available: Immediately.
- Data entry of print advertising contracts and insertion orders into advertising system
- Manage publication deadlines and assist sales representatives in the collection of ad materials
- Process ad material through production by published and internal deadlines
- Data entry for online advertising contracts and insertion orders
- Manage workflow for online advertising between sales representatives and digital team
- Assist sales representatives and sales manager with revenue tracking and reporting
- Assist in proofing ads in production and sales when needed
- Maintenance of all account information and advertising contracts
- Applied sales and/or marketing experience
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills
- Must have experience with Excel
- Preference given to candidates with working knowledge of the horse industry and Western disciplines
- Must be able to adapt to rapidly changing environment
- Must work in close cooperation with other employees and other departments
Interested candidates should send a resumé to:
Patty Tiberg, Group Publisher
2112 Montgomery St.
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Morris Media Network is an equal opportunity employer.
Internship Opportunities June 6
Internships available with Sidelines Magazine
Sidelines Magazine, an equestrian lifestyle magazine that focuses on hunters, jumpers, dressage, eventing and polo, is looking for three summer interns: a social media intern, an editorial intern and a marketing intern.
All interns are completely remote and may be completed for class credit. Upon request of the intern, internships may extend into the Fall semester if the intern is a good fit for Sidelines.
Descriptions of internships are as follows:
Social Media Intern: The social media intern will assist in the management of social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. They will publish blog posts to the WordPress site and share them on Facebook. They will also create other posts, including memes, contest entries and article teasers.
Editorial Intern: The editorial intern will assist the editorial department by writing articles for the print and digital magazine. The intern will also assist in finding suitable photos for articles, proof reading articles and managing digital subscriptions.
Marketing Intern: The marketing intern will assist editors in coming up with innovative ways to market the new digital magazine. They will also encourage digital subscriptions with coupon codes and article teasers on social media platforms, create and send out e-blasts to partnered horse shows and analyze digital stats to enhance the digital product.
All interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to Jan Westmark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work samples are encouraged, but not required.
Internship Opportunities May 30
SaddleLockers Offers Summer Internship
SaddleLockers, the next evolution in equestrian equipment security, based in Rochester Hill, Michigan, is seeking an equine college student for a summer internship.
The perfect internship for the horse lover studying business or marketing, the work entails online research and development of targeted databases of equestrian resources.
Help SaddleLockers gain a better picture of the industry and be a part of its master marketing campaign.
Contact SaddleLockers president and founder, Rainer Herrmann, by phone, (248) 656-5900, cell (248) 778-5119, or email, email@example.com.Polo Internship at Phelps Media Group
Phelps Media Group, a premiere equestrian news and public relations firm is expanding! PMG is adding a polo division and looking for interns! Play polo? Majoring in journalism or public relations? This is your opportunity to take your resume to the next level!
The duties of the position are to assist and support the production of client deliverables, such a press releases and feature articles. Candidates should have an equestrian background with a major in public relations, marketing, journalism, or a related field. They should have confidence, initiative, work ethic, and strong writing and people skills, and they should be ready to deliver the very best to our equestrian clients.
Interns' responsibilities would also include writing articles for our news websites: PSDressage.com, PhelpsSports.com and PSPolo.com. Interns will be expected to photograph events and interview winning riders. They will also have the opportunity to help maintain social media accounts.
Applicants must be able to provide their own housing and transportation in Wellington, FL, and be willing to travel.
A weekly stipend will be provided. This internship could lead to a permanent position for the right candidate. Please email a resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org