New Postings - Oct. 29
Contract Copy Writer (Part-time)
Ariat International - Union City, CA
Looking for a part-time contract copy writer to develop copy for leading equestrian footwear and apparel brand.
The copy writer would be requested to create the following (but not limited to):
• Product descriptions
• Hang tags
• Apparel Collections
• Retail POPs
• Strong background in copy writing, particularly product copy
• Flexible – can handle simultaneous projects and reconcile input from multiple points
• Good editing facility - willing to makes changes/edits quickly
• Rider (English or Western) or knowledge of the riding space a big plus, but not required
• Local, Bay Area resident a plus, but not required
This is a part-time, contractor position only. If interested please submit hourly rate and two writing samples to email@example.com
Horseware Ireland – Sales Representative
Are you great at sales and love horses? We are looking to turn your passion into your profession.
Horseware is the leading global blanket manufacture with cutting edge technology and innovation. As the leader, we are committed to developing prominent product offerings and strong brand presence across all equestrian markets.
We are seeking a top sales professional who will be responsible for selling a diverse range of products in the equestrian market. The individual will have a sound knowledge of the industry, a proven sales background and notable communication and interpersonal skills.
The territory includes DE, MD, NJ, PA, VA, WV. You will be responsible for servicing existing accounts as well as prospecting and developing new accounts, generating sales quotes, and handling customer inquiries to help service customers and ultimately grow the business.
Additionally you will be responsible for reaching sales targets, participating in annual campaigns and leveraging the product in the marketplace.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Territory management with the expectation to meet and/or exceed monthly and quarterly sales goals.
• Focusing on pro-actively identifying new business opportunities and maximizing the incremental revenue for existing and new customers to achieve sales performance goals.
• Provide a high level of customer service and serve as a liaison between operations and customer service. Personally resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service or escalate to management when appropriate. Coordinates implementation of special order handling procedures.
• Develop and increase sales of our products. Serve as primary contact for assigned customers and monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts. Understand their specific needs and recommend how to successfully grow their business.
• Work with key accounts and identify and progress opportunities in existing accounts.
• Continually strive to improve sales and product skills to become a product knowledge expert for Horseware products, services and their applications. Provide recommendations and participate in ongoing training as required to improve sales skills.
• Complete monthly reporting to Commercial Manager. Develop accurate forecasts based on customer input, field intelligence, market trends and competitive assessment. Additional reporting as requested by management team.
• Highly motivated and can work effectively both independently and as part of a dynamic team.
• Demonstrated time management and organization ability.
• Familiarity with a variety of sales concepts, practices, and procedures
• Excellent communication, problem-solving and presentation skills are a must.
• Successful track record within a dynamic, growth oriented organization
• Demonstrated ability to meet sales goals and overcome obstacles
• Enthusiastic drive to succeed with obvious confidence and competitive nature
• Solid prospecting abilities and excellent customer relationship skills
• Skillful negotiation, presentation and closing abilities
• Thorough knowledge of equestrian disciplines as well as equestrian fashion and trends
• Base Salary plus bonus
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell Phone Expense
• Medical/Dental/Life Insurance benefit package
How To Apply:
Please email you resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Performance Horse Digest is seeking Independent Sales Representatives with an equine background to sell Print Advertising in our magazine as well as Online Ad Space on our website, HorseDigests.com, and Email Marketing opportunities.
The position will pay commission and the sales representative may work in-house or from home (with a minimum of 10 hours per week), during appropriate business hours.
The Independent Sales Representative’s Responsibilities:
• To work 10 hours a week or more on the phone and online to connect with appropriate equine businesses and ranches
• Help develop leads
• Report to the owner and operational staff on status and progress of new and potential advertisers
• Be a spokesperson to advertisers on behalf of Performance Horse Digest and HorseDigests.com
• Be available to respond to phone calls and emails from the owner and operational team during appropriate business hours, within a reasonable time frame
• Communicate with in-house design staff
• Operate within standard guidelines and procedures
• Utilize Insertion Orders
• Work with accounting and collections to provide all appropriate billing information
• Manage advertisers to be on-time and ahead of schedule for deadlines and insertion
• Sign our standard sub-contractor agreement (or supply your own)
• Sales experience in the Horse Industry
• Imagination and creativity
• Balanced and harmonious life
• Enjoys working with people
• A good team player
• Positive outlook and initiative to get the job done
• Able to work with Google documents, spreadsheets and email
• Willing to learn new logging software
• Write positive and exciting emails to prospective advertisers
• Contacts in the Horse Industry
• Ability to cold call
Interested applicants must submit their sales background and short resume as soon as possible.
We operate from within the United States. We do not discriminate against age, sex, sexual orientation, physical impairment, race or religion.
If interested, please contact:
Makenzie Greimann Caine, Operations / Creative
Performance Horse Digest & HorseDigests.com
New Postings - Oct. 14
The Chronicle of the Horse is currently seeking an experienced, motivated and talented Art Director to join its creative team and further advance the excellence of our 76-year-old publication.
The candidate must possess a strong and progressive creative vision balanced with an appreciation for and stewardship of the magazine’s history and brand. He or she will be a self-starter, have a collaborative work style, positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Having an eye for detail and the ability to take the initiative and organize multiple projects is a must. Candidate should be fluent in the key Adobe CS applications and have interest (and ideally experience) in digital formats.
The position is located in Middleburg, Va.
• Working closely with the editorial team, both in-house and remotely, to design features, covers, departments, etc., for weekly print issues of The Chronicle of the Horse and continuing the evolution of the Chronicle product.
• Spearheading the design transition from our bimonthly digital magazine to a quarterly printed lifestyle publication and producing this new title consistent with the Chronicle’s values and quality standards.
• Applying the principles of good design to a variety of content types while maintaining consistent overall theme of the historic brand.
• Directing the creative team and providing constructive feedback in planning and executing editorial layouts and some ads, managing workflow and working with the production and pre-press staffs.
• Creating exciting info-graphics, charts, logos, small illustrations, and visual explanations.
• Effectively implementing strong type sensibility, excellent aptitude for visual storytelling and the basic principles of reader-friendly, attractive design.
• Occasional art direction/designing of ads, special editions, web projects, additional publications, collateral materials as needed.
• Minimum 5 years magazine design experience
• Experience in directing a creative team
• Strong and progressive artistic vision founded in the principles of good design
• Commanding knowledge of the key Adobe CS software
• Great attention to detail, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
• Ability to collaborate fluidly with editorial staff, advertising staff and design staff, as well as to be a self-starter in getting projects off the ground and taking initial concepts forward to a highly polished product
• Ability to communicate openly and effectively with both in-house staff and remote workers, via email, phone, chat and video conferences
• Adherence to tight budget and firm schedules a must
• Equestrian experience and familiarity with the sports we cover is strongly preferred
Please submit résumé, cover letter and portfolio to Kat Netzler at email@example.com.
About The Chronicle of the Horse: Celebrating its 75th anniversary in 2012, The Chronicle of the Horse remains the industry leader in providing news coverage of national and international sport horse competitions. Through our comprehensive magazine and web coverage we offer everything from competition results to compelling features and thought-provoking commentary. And our digital lifestyle publication, The Chronicle Connection, provides an additional context to the equestrian way of life with captivating human interest stories, feature photography, humor, travel, fashion, reviews, art, history and more. Visit chronofhorse.com and follow the Chronicle on Twitter at @ChronofHorse and Facebook at facebook.com/chronofhorse.
Kensington Protective Products Seeks Independent Sales Reps
Kensington Protective Products is in search of exceptional team members to assist with revenue growth in selling our products throughout the USA. Candidates should have strong sales management skills and be proactive in developing and working prospect lists and coming up with strategies with the management and office staff that maximize sales.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience and be knowledgeable about sales and the equine industry. Candidates must have an understanding of horses and the needs of professional barns, showing, tack stores and equine product usage. Must be comfortable with completing sales reports, meeting sales expectations and must be a self-starter.
- Min. 5 year’s experience in Sales
- Excellent verbal, phone and written communication skills
- Proven track record of professional success
- Strong organizational and sales management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume and commission expectations to (email preferred):
Accounts and Sales Manager
Kensington Protective Products, Inc
151 N Reservoir St
Pomona, CA 91767
American Farriers Journal
Location: Brookfield, WI
This job is for our publication, American Farriers Journal. Writing, editing, research, interviewing, creating high-quality, original content for print and digital publications. Social media and freelance management.
This position has responsibilities in both print and electronic. The Associate Editor’s primary responsibility is to develop, write and solicit written and video content for American Farriers Journal magazine, the AFJ weekly electronic newsletter and daily electronic postings while working with production and web editors to ensure the meeting of all deadlines.
• Writing, editing, research, interviewing, creating high-quality, original content for print and digital publications.
• Social media and freelance management.
• Initiate, plan, develop and manage the execution of top quality editorial content that supports American Farriers Journal objectives and goals.
• Be a thought leader who constantly seeks out industry trends and information.
• Must have an appreciation for and be able to gather and analyze all available information on equine hoof care, have the ability to take key points and expand on the concepts to deliver a story on how an idea will benefit the readership — not just report on facts.
• This person must be able to establish relationships with equine footcare industry leaders and leverage these relationships to generate meaningful and directional content as it relates to hoof care.
• This person will operate as one of several primary points of contact for all things dealing with equine footcare.
• Must have the ability to learn, understand and simplify technical and supplier information.
• Requires an instinct for asking the right questions to educate and inform readers and develop material that adds value to their footcare work and business.
• Must look to develop an understanding of the footcare business and be able to identify new and emerging areas of content for American Farriers Journal.
• College degree in journalism or related field.
• Strong understanding of the professional publishing business, developed through at least 3 years of professional experience.
• Stellar grammar and spelling skills.
• Strong writer.
• Experienced with social networking and its importance in today’s media.
• Experience in capturing multimedia (photography, audio, video) content. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to consistently meet deadlines. Strong communication and interpersonal skills required, both written and oral.
• Fast learner, extremely meticulous, independent and self-directed.
• Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task and make sound decisions under pressure.
• An equine or agricultural background is preferred, but not required.
• Travel required for conferences, clinics, meetings, and story coverage.
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive compensation package, salary. Benefits include health, dental, Simple IRA match, annual profit sharing and summer hours schedule. No third party applications.
How To Apply
Please email you resume, cover letter, salary requirements and three clips to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full-time Publishing Coordinator position with benefits at California Horsetrader, Inc., publishers of California Horsetrader magazine andHorsetrader.com. Join the innovative team that publishes print, online, mobile, video and social networking products by combining state of the art proprietary technology with solid, traditional media skills. The Publishing Coordinator uses Windows-based applications and web-based software to help orchestrate the company's unique gathering, organization and delivery of customer and advertising products of all types. This position reports directly to Publisher Warren Wilson and participates in strategic planning. Offices of California Horsetrader, Inc., established in 1979, are located in Escondido, Calif. in coastal northern San Diego County.
This position requires an individual to multi-task, to work collaboratively with key sales, marketing, graphic and technical associates, and to interface with the public via email, social networking and the telephone in a customer relations capacity.
Requisite characteristics include ability to:
- work independently
- work accurately
- meet deadlines
- thrive in a team environment
- execute projects to end
Helpful skills and experience includes:
- an aptitude in routine Windows and browser-based computer work
- experience with print magazine sales and production routines and sensibilities
- experience with digital publications
- understanding of present social networking marketing concepts
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Warren Wilson, Publisher
California Horsetrader, Inc.
P.O. Box 462950
Escondido, CA 92046
Or, email same to:
R.O.C.K. Ride on Center for Kids
Please submit resume to Patti Colbert, email@example.com or FAX 512-869-3229, with written bio of 300 words or less, head shot and two reference letters from individuals involved in the non-profit industry. Candidates may call 512-869-3229 to confirm receipt. Please do not contact the ROCK organization directly. Objectives and qualifications below represent an ideal candidate. All applicants will be considered.
Deadline for resume submission: August 26, 2013
1. Responsible for the organization’s achievement of mission and financial/fundraising objectives
2. Responsible for management and support of all board, staff, business and facility operations
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or equivalent experience (8 years) in non-profit organizations including board of directors, personnel, financial, volunteer and program development.
2. Fundraising experience with goals of $500,000 or more.
3. Preferred but not required PATH Member, CPR and First Aid certified
4. Must be comfortable around horses.
1. Strong leadership, management , supervisory, recruitment, fundraising, organizational, teaching and training skills
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
3. Experience with Board of Director /Committee procedures and communications
4. Proficient in Word, Excel, Quick Books and other products used by ROCK.
5. Marketing experience and knowledge in development of marketing plans including budgets, messaging, design, contractor relations, web site development, Face Book, Twitter, Constant Contact and other current marketing/communication online tools.
6. Ability to create and implement a fundraising/development plan
7. Financial experience to oversee procedures, budget, internal and external audits.
8. Oversee maintenance of official records and documents to ensure compliance with industry specific organizations, federal, state and local regulations.
Commensurate with experience.
AHP Career Track: Editor
Morris Media Network Equine Group seeks an experienced Editor for Cowboy Publishing Group
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Salary: Commensurate with experience; includes comprehensive benefits package
Propose and write feature stories, training articles and other department articles.
Take high quality digital photographs and video to illustrate feature articles, and for use in departments, blogs, web content and social media.
Develop and post content for web site and for social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
Represent magazine at industry functions as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English or journalism.
Minimum of five years experience.
Leadership and management abilities.
Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
Organized, disciplined and self-motivated.
Strong technical and feature writing abilities.
Strong background and working knowledge of Western equine disciplines.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resumé and samples to:
Cowboy Publishing Group
Patty Tiberg, Group Publisher
2112 Montgomery St.
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Morris Media Network is an equal opportunity employer.