Master of Education Entrance Requirements
Female and male elementary and secondary teachers will meet the entrance requirements as delineated below. Admission is competitive, and space is limited. Thus interested students should apply early. Degree Program Admission is based on the following criteria:
- Completion of the baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education
- A minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Completion of an application for admission to the M. Ed.
- Two letters of recommendation
- A current certification for eligibility to teach in grades K-12
- Foundations in statistics and technology, as approved by the Director of the Program.
Provisional status allows a student to enroll in graduate classes in order to qualify for admission to the degree program. A student may be granted provisional status by the program director after a plan of action is developed which will assist the student to meet the entrance requirements of the program.
If a student is granted provisional status, the student must first satisfactorily complete the educational plan approved by the program director with a GPA of 3.0 or higher before being officially admitted to the program.