TIP Admission Procedure
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- An earned Grade Point Average of 3.0* required by the PA Department of Education
- Work and life skills transferable to classroom teaching
- High potential for success in teaching
*If GPA is below 3.0, please consult the TIP Director for an explanation of an alternative procedure for GPA calculation.
Request application materials from the TIP office, if needed.
- Submit the following:
Personal interview with the TIP Director.Applicant will receive a letter of acceptance, including course requirements.
- Completed TIP Application for Admission
- Application fee of $35
- Official transcript(s) forwarded directly to TIP office by institutions
- Up-to-date resume of educational history and work experience
- 300 to 500-word essay: "Why I Want to Teach"
- Three Statements of Recommendation
- Current photo (copy of driver's license or other photo)
TIP Printable Application
TIP Statement of Recommendation Form