Application to the Women with Children Program (WWC) at Wilson College is completed after a student has been accepted to the college. Priority for enrollment will be given to students who are accepted by July 1 for the fall semester and by December 15 for the spring semester. Some years there is a waitlist due to more qualified applicants than available openings. Students are strongly encouraged to apply early.
Once students are accepted to the college, they must complete an application to the Women with Children Program. They will need to visit campus with their child or children to interview with the Director of the Program and other Wilson representatives. During the visit, applicants will have the opportunity to meet and talk with current WWC Program participants.
First-year and transfer students are encouraged to complete an application (Apply online). All applicants are required to submit the following materials:
- Official copy of your high school transcript and/or GED
- Official copies of college transcripts from all colleges attended(transfers applicants only)
- Graded writing sample / or a 500 word essay (Essay topic: Why you want to attend Wilson and what you hope to gain from the experience).
- A recommendation from a teacher, counselor, etc. who can speak to your ability to do college level work.
In addition, students are strongly encouraged to visit campus to tour the facilities and residence halls.
Upon acceptance into the College, admitted students need to complete the WWC Program application and arrange for their character reference to be submitted to the Admissions Office. Once all materials are received, an on-campus interview will be required with the applicant and her child(ren). The interview will take place with the Women with Children Program Director and a representative of the Student Development Staff. A tour of the WWC Program facilities and residence halls will also be arranged during this visit.
Openings in the program are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once a student is accepted into the program, a $400 non-refundable deposit is required to confirm the student’s intent to enroll and to secure residency in the WWC Program for the upcoming semester.
Recommended Admissions Credentials
Recommended Admissions Credentials include:
- A minimum high school GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale or a minimum transfer GPA of 2.5
- A combined SAT score of 900 or a combined ACT score of 19
- Four units of English
- Three to Four units of history/civics
- Three units of mathematics (preferably Algebra I, Algebra II and Geometry)
- Two units of one foreign language
- Two units of natural sciences with labs
Throughout the admissions process to the College, you will receive information about the Women with Children Program. Following your acceptance to the College, your application to the program will be reviewed and an interview will be scheduled. Please contact your admissions counselor or the director of the program if you have any questions.