Campus Parking Policies & Regulations
Wilson College, as a residential community, is a walking campus. Residence halls, administrative and academic buildings are within a 10-minute walk of each other and the outlying equine and athletic areas are a quick bike ride. Recognizing the role of vehicle use as part of Wilson’s dedication to supporting environmental sustainability, we encourage all members of our community to assess their need for a vehicle on campus and to participate in alternative transportation methods. Transportation alternatives include:
- using bicycles (your own or our shared Yikes Bikes! available at Lenfest)
- using the Campus Shuttle Services:
- Campus Shuttle passes must be purchased at the beginning of the semester. Cost per semester is $25 for unlimited shuttle trips. Individual one trip passes are also available. Contact Lorie Helman to purchase passes.
- Weekly Shopping Shuttle, which runs Friday nights during the academic year to Target/Giant Shopping Center, Wal-Mart, and Chambersburg Mall
- Monthly Hagerstown Shopping Shuttle, which runs one Saturday each month during the academic year to Prime Outlets
- Washington D.C. Metro Shuttle, which runs the first weekend of each month during the academic year to Shady Grove Metro Station (drop-off Friday, pick-up Sunday)
- Airport Shuttle, which runs at the beginning and end of fall & spring term as well as college breaks to BWI & Dulles airports and Harrisburg airport and bus/train station
- ride-sharing and carpooling
All members of and visitors to the Wilson College campus are subject to all parking policies at all times. Parking regulations are available online, in the Blue Book, and in print at the Security Desk in Lenfest Commons. We ask you to support our management of available parking spaces by registering vehicles, properly displaying parking permits, and parking within marked spaces in areas designated for the permit issued. Not being able to park close to a desired location does not excuse parking illegally. Please familiarize yourself with our parking regulations. If you have questions or concerns, or have received a parking citation without understanding the reason, please address your question promptly with Campus Security before you receive a number of citations (and the resultant fines and costs) and/or your status reaches the point of revocation of privileges.
Campus Security is responsible for administering and enforcing parking regulations. Wilson College assumes no responsibility for a vehicle or its contents while parked on or operated on the grounds of the college. The regulations are applicable to all students, faculty, staff, contract programs and visitors of the college.