The following actions were taken by the Board of Trustees during the February meetings.
• The Board of Trustees approved the release of additional funding of $535,000 for the John Stewart Memorial Library Renovation Project. The funds will be used for the construction documents phase of the project, as well as selected demolition, including the annex, and relocation of the book collection.
• The Board of Trustees approved the selection of Susquehanna Group Advisors to provide financial advisory services.
• The Board of Trustees approved the proposed RN to BSN program. The program is scheduled to open in fall 2014.
• The Board adopted the changes to the Faculty Bylaws that will create a faculty senate.
• The Board of Trustees adopted the following governance procedures:
o Statement of Criteria for Trustee Candidates
o Statement of Commitment & Responsibilities for Trustees
o Statement of Criteria: Performance Expectations for the Chair of the Board
• The Academic Affairs Committee approved the curricula of two programs:
o The Master of Management of Healthcare for Sustainability
o The low residency Master of Fine Arts (Dance and Visual Arts)
Final approval will be sought at the May meeting.
Finally, the Board of Trustees granted Trustee Emerita status to Jane E. Murray ’67. Additionally, James Hay was promoted to associate professor with tenure and Philip Lindsey was promoted to rank of professor.