Job Title: Web Developer/Content Manager
Department: Office of Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Vice President for Marketing and Communications
The web developer/content manager is responsible for the Wilson College web presence, both its functionality and its editorial content, and for providing quality client services.
Reporting to the vice president for marketing and communications, the web developer/content manager will work with the graphic designer and lead the development of the Wilson website, manage the implementation web content and, along with the associate director of online marketing and analytics and the VP, develop the College’s web strategy. The web developer/content manager will work with academic and administrative offices to provide editorial content services, CMS development, documentation and training, implementation, and outstanding customer service while identifying opportunities for the College to communicate its messages. Using content management systems, the web developer/content manager will create and update websites, build custom CMS tools, enhance functionality and coordinate the implementation of written content, photographs, video and other multimedia. The web developer/content manager will work closely with campus web contributors and colleagues in the Office of Marketing and Communications to maintain the Wilson website and to provide web services.
- Developing the navigational architecture for the Wilson website and associated micro-sites.
- Ensuring adherence to web policies and College branding standards.
- Training content contributors on the use of content management systems, including news and calendar applications and faculty profile system.
- Performing day-to-day website maintenance, administering the content management system(s) and troubleshooting any issues with the CMS.
- Writing and editing web content and developing supporting multimedia, including photos and video for websites.
- Working with faculty to write and update online departmental and profile web pages.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems curriculum preferred.
- Ability to program using ASP, PHP.
- Comprehensive understanding and experience with Linux, Apache, MySQL.
- Demonstrated ability to design and program complex websites.
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3, JQuery.
- Experience developing sites with Wordpress and/or Drupal.
- Experience with responsive web design.
- Experience with mobile technologies and platforms, and/or application development.
- Experience developing custom web-based applications using ASP.Net and/or other programming language(s).
- Knowledge of web accessibility standards.
- Unwavering attention to detail and deadlines;
- Ability to work quickly and under pressure;
- A basic understanding of a college environment.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to: Wilson College, Attn: Courtney Wolfe, 1015 Philadelphia Avenue, Chambersburg, PA 17201 or to firstname.lastname@example.org.