Resident Assistants do amazing things within their communities. If
you're looking for a way to get involved, meet people, and have a
positive, lasting impact on your campus, we encourage you to join our
Residence Life team!
Philosophy and Goals:
As part of the educational mission of Wilson College, the Residence Life staff provides an environment which:
- fosters significant learning and leadership development experiences for residents.
- offers opportunities to develop and practice life skills and responsible citizenship.
- promotes interaction between people of different cultural and ethnic backgrounds as well as those with different opinions and beliefs.
The Residence Life Program supports students in their academic pursuits, actively contributing to the personal growth and development of each student through co-curricular activities. Our residential philosophy rests on the belief that residence hall living enhances a student's education by enriching their individual academic, social, and personal growth.
Residence Life fosters this environment through initiatives that promote the ideals of respect, understanding, and community. Furthermore, it is our belief that diverse students can learn to appreciate and nurture one another, as well as themselves, through residence hall living. Residence Life at Wilson provides facilities and programs that enable students to pursue educational goals in a challenging, supportive, and safe environment.
Eligibility Requirements for RA Position:
- Maintain a 2.5 semester and cumulative GPA.
lived on the Wilson College campus for no less than one year and have
no less than sophomore standing by the start of employment.
- Must be and remain in good social standing (no current honor code violations).
- Expected to uphold and model the Honor Principle and Honor Code.
- Commit to the position for the entire
academic year (Fall 2012-Spring 2013).
- Must be a full-time CFW student and reside on campus in assigned RA space for entire term of employment.
Attend an RA Information Session