1. Completion of the baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
2. Successful completion of the prerequisite courses or their equivalents. Provisional status may be granted to those students who meet all of the admission requirements except successful completion of the pre-requisite courses or their equivalents.
3. Completion of an application for admission to the Master of Accountancy program.
4. Two letters of recommendation from educators or employers. Letters should be sent directly to the Office of Admissions.
5. Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate colleges and universities attended must be sent directly to the Office of Admissions.
7. Personal interview with the director of the Master of Accountancy program. This may be accomplished by telephone.
Wilson College students who successfully complete the Bachelor of Science in accounting degree with a GPA of at least 3.0 in their major may choose to enroll in the Master of Accountancy program by merely completing the application.
Courses taken toward another degree cannot be transferred to the program, although courses at the graduate level taken in another degree program that are in addition to those necessary to meet the other degree's requirements can be transferred to the program. No more than three courses may be transferred from other institutions. Courses at the 500-level taken toward the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Accounting at Wilson College can be transferred to the program.
Provisional status allows a student to enroll in classes in order to qualify for admission to the degree program. A student may be granted provisional status after a written plan of action to assist the student in meeting the prerequisites or entrance requirements of the program has been approved by the program director.
If granted provisional status, the student must complete the approved plan of action with a GPA of 3.0 or higher before being officially admitted to the program.