Wilson College is currently seeking a full time clinical instructor. This is a 10-month, non-tenure track position. In this role, the instructor will primarily work in the skills lab area and become very adept at using equipment and educational software to help students learn critical behaviors. This involves collaboration with faculty teaching courses that require practice and clinical simulation experiences in one or more of the various laboratories. The preferred candidate will have experience in clinicial instruction. Secondary duties may include maintenance of equipment, ordering supplies, and establishing and maintaining clinical contracts.
- MSN Degree or in process of completing MSN degree
- Active Pennsylvania Licensure as a registered nurse
- Computer proficiency and experience working in clinical simulation labs and nursing clinical skills labs preferred
- CPR Instructor certification, preferred
- Demonstrated clinical competence as evidenced by at least 2 years' experience working in a medical-surgical, criticial care, or specialty setting within the past 5 years required
- Must be self-directed, innovative and able to model excellence in nursing
- Excellent verbal and written communciation skills requred with the ability to interact effectively with students
- Excellent communication skills along with a high level of initiative and prudent judgment
- Must be able to work well within a culturally diverse environment with the ability to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy
All applicants should send a cover letter that addresses teaching philosophy, résumé/curriculum vitae, one letter of reference from a current or prior supervisor familiar with your teaching/work, and copies of transcripts to: Human Resources, Wilson College, 1015 Philadelphia Avenue, Chambersburg, PA 17201 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applicants to begin upon receipt of materials.