Each student completes a core curriculum of six courses, which includes the Leadership Project:
- LDR/BUS 549 Leadership Models and Practices
- LDR/BUS 535 Interpersonal Dynamics
- LDR/BUS 513 Strategic Management
- LDR/PHI 501 Ethics and Leadership (or another graduate ethics course in the field)
- SOC 540 Social Movements or COM 570 Cultural Theory
- LDR 597 Leadership Project
All students complete their course of study with the LDR 597 Leadership Project. Students propose and then carry out a service-oriented project that will include the student designing, organizing, and completing a community or campus enterprise that is designed to benefit the community. This project could include a fundraiser, a conference, a series of workshops, or a service project, all designed to demonstrate the application of the student’s mastery of leadership skills. All projects must be approved by the Program Director.
Each student also selects a four-course subject concentration from one of the following: General Leadership, Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Sports Leadership, or Design-Your-Own Concentration.
Some coursework is available through Wilson’s strategic partnerships. Students can also complete LDR 555 Leadership Internship as part of their course of study.