Wilson College in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, invites applications for the position of Digital Marketing and Social Media Associate.
Reporting to the Director of Digital Strategy, the Digital Marketing and Social Media Associate actively manages and drives Wilson College’s primary institutional social media outlets, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. This person will also serve as a contact and support person for the secondary social media accounts for campus partners, including but not limited to the College President, Institutional Advancement, Enrollment Management, student-led clubs and organizations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge/understanding of social media best practices and social media platforms, especially Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Demonstrated creativity and immersion in both organic and paid social media.
- Proficiency working with Photoshop, InDesign and video editing software preferred
- Smart visual sense and understanding of how imagery drives engagement
- Experience taking photographs and shooting video preferred
- Demonstrated ability to write compelling messages for multiple communications channels a must
- Ability to interact professionally with different college constituents including faculty, staff, students, alumni as well as members of administration including the College President
- A self-starter with an outgoing and results-oriented personality
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to use analytics, benchmarking and research of social media and higher education trends to better understand performance and inform decision-making
- Demonstrated ability to uphold and promote Wilson values and to link Wilson’s communications efforts to the values and the mission
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with ability to exercise sound judgement
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to establish and meet tight deadlines, manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment under pressure
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field is required;
- A minimum of 2 years social media experience, preferably for a higher education institution
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references to: email@example.com (preferred method for applications) or Human Resources, Wilson College, 1015 Philadelphia Avenue, Chambersburg, PA 17201. Correspondence regarding this search should be limited to applications materials only and submitted solely via the methods above.
Preference will be given to applications received by March 31, 2020. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
It is the policy of Wilson College to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital/familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, having a GED rather than a diploma, or any other protected characteristic applicable under law.