Wilson College invites applicants for the Director of Counseling position. Reporting to the Vice President of Student Development/Dean of Students, the Director of Counseling works closely with the Office of Student Development to provide students in all populations with comprehensive support through individual and group counseling and a variety of campus-wide programming.
The Director leads in effectively implementing existing programs and initiating proposals for new, high quality, innovative ones that foster leadership and community advancement. The Director provides an atmosphere conducive to empowering students to take charge of their own mental health and well-being. The Director works in close consultation with the Vice President of Student Development/Dean of Students, students, faculty, and staff to accomplish these goals, in keeping with Wilson’s mission and college-wide strategic plan.
Requirements for this position are as follows:
- Master’s degree in counseling, specializing in college counseling.
- Holds a current PA license as an LPC, LCSW, and/or LMFT or is PA license eligible within one year of date of hire. Knowledge of Student Development Theory preferred.
- 2-3 years relevant experience. Experience working with the college student population strongly preferred.
- Superior counseling skills including individual and group therapy, sound interpersonal communication.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other offices on campus.
- Excellent administrative and supervisory skills. Demonstrated experience in providing supervision to non-licensed counseling staff.
This is a full time, benefit eligible, 10 month position. Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method for applications) or Human Resources, Wilson College, 1015 Philadelphia Avenue, Chambersburg, PA 17201.
Correspondence regarding this search should be limited to applications materials only and submitted solely via the methods above.
Preference will be given to applications received by June 30, 2020. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
It is the policy of Wilson College to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital/familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, having a GED rather than a diploma, or any other protected characteristic applicable under law.