Brooks Science Center
Encompass is program created through a partnership with the National Science Foundation that provides scholarship assistance and additonal support services for low-income students interested in science. If you are passionate about the sciences and hope to have a STEM-related career join us on campus to learn more about the opportunities available to students through the Encompass program. Register here.
The event will include:
A session with Faculty about STEM majors offered at Wilson College that qualify students for the Encompass program.
• Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
• Environmental Science
A discussion about the added benefits student receive as part of the Encompass program:
• Academic support
• Research opportunities
• Mentoring (by alumni currently working in a STEM field)
• Experiential learning opportunities
• Faculty and peer-to-peer mentoring
• Job and career development activities specific to STEM professions
• Internship opportunities with industry leaders
Details about how to apply for the Encompass program and scholarship.
• Annual Encompass scholarships will be awarded up to $9,500, not to exceed $38,000 in four years for students who qualify. Other Wilson scholarship programs will also be discussed.
• Successful graduate of one of the following Pennsylvania high schools will be considered: Biglerville High School (Upper Adams School District), Chambersburg Area Senior High School, Fairfield Area High School, Chambersburg Area Senior High School Career Magnet School, Fannett-Metal High School, Greencastle-Antrim High School, James Buchanan High School (Tuscarora School District), Shippensburg Area Senior High School, Waynesboro Area Senior High School.