Fulton Farm is seeking summer interns for sustainable vegetable production and marketing on our 5-acre farm. Our summer internship program is designed for college students/graduates who are interested in sustainable agriculture, community engagement, public horticulture and/or environmental education. Taken for credit or for experience, this summer program will offer practical skills and teach sustainability through agriculture. We grow over 50 types of vegetables and fruits, and market produce through our CSA program and various venues on campus.
- Duties include seeding, transplanting, weeding, watering, harvesting, washing, packing and marketing. Responsibilities increase with length of stay, to include management of greenhouses, market stand and CSA distributions.
- Qualifications: strong work ethic; serious desire to learn and practice sustainable agriculture; ability to perform physical labor outside in all weather conditions.
- Start/end dates: flexible, generally 10-12 weeks May through August
- Compensation: housing, farm fresh produce, educational opportunities and a weekly stipend as budget allows.
- Additional Considerations: Interns may develop a special project of interest in consultation with farm management.
Fulton Farm, part of the Fulton Center for Sustainability Studies (FCSS) at Wilson College, is located on the Wilson campus. We are a Certified Naturally Grown and USDA Certified Organic. We offer a variety of educational programs for the campus and community.
Contact Christine Mayer, Director, Fulton Center for Sustainability Studies, for an application and further details. firstname.lastname@example.org 717-264-4141 x 3247
It is the policy of Wilson College to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital/familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other protected characteristic applicable under law. The college complies with all relevant federal, state, and local laws, as well as, all regulations regarding nondiscrimination. Specifically, in accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Wilson College prohibits all sexual misconduct in all areas including educational programs and activities.