Wilson College is seeking a Full-time Nursing Lecturer. This is a 10-month, non-tenure track position. The candidate must encourage a culture of learning, clinical judgment, and compassion that values mutual responsibility and respect. Semesters of work as a lecturer could be applied towards tenure at Wilson College if the candidate would advance to a tenure-track position.
- Serves as role model for other faculty and staff in the areas of customer service, collaboration, communication, excellence and general professionalism.
- Delivers learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Will assist in the development of curricular/teaching innovations in the annual preparation and revision of all assigned course(s).
- Contributes to the development and implementation of courses within the nursing program.
- Plans practicum experiences for and provides direct (or indirect via preceptor) supervision and evaluation of nursing students.
- Manages the learning environment through keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing school/campus academic and attendance policies.
- Evaluates and provides documented feedback to students on level of performance based on course objectives.
- Serves as a positive professional role model for students, assisting in their professional/social development.
- Contributes to the development and evaluation of student admission, progression, retention and graduation policies of the college.
- Assists with courses and clinical experiences as requested.
- Doctoral degree preferred; MSN candidates who hold terminal degrees other than in nursing must have a Masters in Nursing
- If the candidate does not have a doctoral degree, the expectation would be to enroll in a doctoral program and make consistent progress towards completion
- Registered nurse licensure in the state of Pennsylvania required
- Demonstrated clinical competence as evidenced by at least 2 years’ experience working in a clinical setting within the past 5 years required; Maternal Health or Pediatric experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills along with a high level of initiative and prudent judgment
All applicants should send a cover letter that addresses teaching philosophy, résumé/curriculum vitae, one letter of reference from a current or prior supervisor familiar with your teaching/work, and copies of transcripts to: Human Resources, Wilson College, 1015 Philadelphia Avenue, Chambersburg, PA 17201 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applicants to begin upon receipt of materials.