Alyssa Engel-Swift - President
Logan Souder - Vice-President
Brooke Olshanski - Secretary
Lindsey Palmer - Treasurer
Wilson College Pre-Vet Club was created to bring together and maintain fellowship between pre-veterinary students in order to support and encourage one another. We seek to educate students on the requirements for veterinary schools and necessary preparation steps for the application process. We serve as a representation of Wilson College both on and off campus and serve the community through volunteer efforts related to animals and their well-being.
Meetings are held once a month. At meetings we discuss upcoming trips, fundraisers, and study nights.
This year Pre-Vet Club plans to:
• ESA day (nail-trims and ear cleaning for ESAs on campus)
• Pocket-pet day (baths and nail trims, information about pocket-pet care)
• Volunteer trips to a large animal rescue and Antietam Animal Rescue
• Bring in speakers for campus to learn more
o Topics may include: nutrition, behavior, zoo animals and zoo medicine, equine chiropractic care
• Trip to Virginia-Maryland Veterinary School
• Study Nights/Vet school Admission Information Nights
• Attend the Ohio Northwest Chapter Veterinary Conference
Pre-vet club plans to bring in at least two speakers throughout the year to inform students and faculty campus wide about various topics relating to pets. We also plan to have a Pocket-Pet Day and an ESA Day for pets on campus.
Membership is open to any Wilson College student who has an interest in veterinary studies, and who is in good academic standing at Wilson College (as defined by the Wilson College Blue Book, and IDA rules).