Beyond the M.A.
This program offers unique opportunities for professional and intellectual development for a wide variety of students. Thus in creating this program we strove to be
- Responsive to educational needs of students like you.
- Flexible enough to meet those needs.
- Rigorous enough to aid you in achieving your educational and career goals.
This degree allows you to fashion an education that is tailored to meet your specific goals. The result is a student with a degree that is highly employable and also well-prepared for further study beyond the M.A.
The degree is designed largely for the following audiences:
- Those who would seek the degree because of potential career development in a current occupation.
- Those who seek advancement in one of the two specific areas of concentration.
- Area secondary-level educators.
- Those who would seek doctorate-level degrees in the Humanities or Humanities-related fields.
Students who graduate from our program have a wide array of opportunities available to them. Many students completing the degree will do so because of opportunities with their current employer. Our degree allows for great flexibility—both in scheduling courses and in course selection—allowing candidates to shape a program that will enable them to meet their specific career-related needs.
However, many degree-seekers will enroll in the degree to better their current career opportunities. The MA in Humanities stresses intellectual skills and educational abilities that will further the opportunities for students in a wide range of fields and workplace settings, including communication offices, educational institutions, public relation firms and offices, museums and non-profits, media organizations—the list is potentially endless. Again, you will take a strong hand in shaping your program to best meet your future goals. This is graduate study as you need it.
Whatever the opportunity you seek, this program is focused on helping you achieve it.