Master of Humanities - Concentration in Art and Culture
The Concentration in Art and Culture
Students selecting this concentration complete five courses in the Arts and Culture concentration. Among those five courses, they must choose two of the following:
- FA 510: Art History Theory and Methods
- FA 520: Contemporary Arts Seminar
- ENG 535: Film Genres and Genders
- PHI 535: Aesthetics
- HUM 572 Topics in Arts and Culture
The remaining three courses may be selected from any coursework listed as Arts and Culture (AC).
Three additional courses must be selected from any coursework listed as Language and Literature (LL).
HUM 598 Master’s Thesis I
HUM 599 Master’s Thesis II
* All M.A. in Humanities program candidates are required to complete the following:
All course work and degree requirements must be completed within six years of taking the first class in the M.A. Program. Appeals for extension of the six-year limit must be submitted in writing to the Program Director.