Master of Humanities - Concentration in Critical/Cultural Theory
Students choosing the concentration in Critical/Cultural Theory focus on the history of ideas through the study of philosophy, religion, critical theory, and cultural expression.
The Concentration in Critical/Cultural Theory
Students selecting this concentration must complete five courses from the following in the Critical/Cultural Theory concentration:
- COM 504 Media Theory
- ENG 580 Literary and Cultural Interpretation
- GS 570 Cultural Theory
- PHI 535 Aesthetics
- RLS 570 Theory of Religion
- WS 581 Feminist Theory: Visual Culture
- WS 580 Feminist Theory: Literary Analysis
Relevant Topics courses in theoretical fields may be substituted with the approval of the Program Director.
HUM 598 Master’s Thesis I
HUM 599 Master’s Thesis II
* All M.A. in Humanities program candidates are required to complete the following:
All course work and degree requirements must be completed within six years of taking the first class in the M.A. Program. Appeals for extension of the six-year limit must be submitted in writing to the Program Director.