Master of Humanities - Concentration in English Language and Literature
Requirements for the Concentration in English Language and Literature
Students selecting this concentration complete five courses in the English Language and Literature concentration. Among those five courses, they must choose two of the following:
- ENG 511: History and Structure of the English Language
- ENG 518: Chaucer
- ENG 545: Shakespeare’s Histories and Comedies
- ENG 580: Literary and Cultural Interpretation
- HUM 570: Topics in Language and Literature
Three additional courses must be selected from any coursework listed as Language and Literature (LL).
HUM 598 Master’s Thesis I
HUM 599 Master’s Thesis II
* All M.A. in Humanities program candidates are required to complete the following:
All course work and degree requirements must be completed within six years of taking the first class in the M.A. Program. Appeals for extension of the six-year limit must be submitted in writing to the Program Director.