Wilson College, as a residential community, is a walking campus. Residence halls, administrative and academic buildings are within a 10-minute walk of each other. The outlying equine and athletic areas are also within walking distance or a quick bike ride. Recognizing the role of vehicle use as part of Wilson’s dedication to supporting environmental sustainability, we encourage all members of our community to assess their need for a vehicle on campus and to participate in alternative transportation methods. Transportation alternatives include:
- Using bicycles
- Using the Campus Shuttle Services:
- Weekly Shopping Shuttle, which runs Friday nights during the academic year to Target/Giant Shopping Center, Wal-Mart and the Chambersburg Mall.
- Monthly Hagerstown Shopping Shuttle, which runs on Saturday each month during the academic year to the Prime Outlets.
- Washington, D.C. Metro Shuttle, which runs the first weekend of each month during the academic year to the Shady Grove Metro Station (drop-off Friday, pick up Sunday).
- Airport Shuttle, which runs at the beginning and end of fall and spring terms as well as college breaks to BWI and Dulles airports and Harrisburg airport and bus/train station.
- Ride-sharing and carpooling
Please note that ample parking is provided on campus for Wilson community members. Wilson students, employees and guests should always strive to utilize campus parking spaces when visiting Wilson. Please refrain from using street parking in the adjacent neighborhoods when engaged in campus business out of respect for our surrounding community. If you do park on borough streets, understand you are responsible for knowing and following borough parking policies.
All members of and visitors to the Wilson College campus are subject to all parking policies at all times. Parking regulations are also available in the Blue Book and in print at the security desk in Lenfest Commons. We ask you to support our management of available parking spaces by registering vehicles, properly displaying parking permits, and parking within marked spaces in areas designated for the permit issued. Not being able to park close to a desired location does not excuse parking illegally. Please familiarize yourself with our parking regulations. If you have questions or concerns, or have received a parking citation without understanding the reason, please address your questions promptly with Campus Safety before you receive a number of citations (and the resultant fines and costs) and/or your status reaches the point of revocation of privileges.
Campus Safety is responsible for administering and enforcing parking regulations. Campus Safety officers are on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. You can reach the on-duty officer by calling 717-372-2255, at their desk in Lenfest Lobby (when not on rounds) or by email at email@example.com.
Wilson College assumes no responsibility for a vehicle or its contents while parked or operated on the grounds of the College. The regulations are applicable to all students, faculty, staff, contract programs and visitors to the College.