- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- An earned Grade Point Average of 3.0* required by the PA Department of Education.
- Work and life skills transferable to classroom teaching.
- High potential for success in teaching.
*If GPA is below 3.0, please consult the TCP Director for an explanation of an alternative procedure for GPA calculation.
- Submit the following:
- Completed online TCP application for admission.
- Application fee of $35 (waived if attend a TCP Information Session).
- Official transcript(s) sent directly to TCP/Education office by institutions.
- Up-to-date resume of educational history and work experience.
- 300 to 500-word essay: "Why I Want to Teach."
- Two Statements of Recommendation.
- Current photo (copy of driver's license or other photo).
- FLIP candidates must submit official state testing results and be employed as a teacher.
- Personal interview with the TCP Director.
- Applicant will receive a letter of acceptance, including course requirements.