- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- An earned Grade Point Average of 3.0* required by the PA Department of Education.
- Work and life skills transferable to classroom teaching.
- High potential for success in teaching.
*If transfer GPA is below 3.0, an explanation of an alternative procedure for GPA calculation will be explained at interview.
All application materials must be submitted by the following deadlines
|Spring II, 2020||March 1, 2020|
|Summer I, 2020||May 1, 2020|
|Summer II, 2020||June 1, 2020|
|Fall I, 2020||August 1, 2020|
|Fall II, 2020||October 1, 2020|
|Spring I, 2021||January 1, 2021|
- Submit the following to the TCP Office, not Admissions Office:
- Completed online TCP application for admission.
- Application fee of $35 (waived if attend a TCP Information Session).
- Official transcript(s) sent directly to TCP/Education Office by institutions. Can be e-transcripts sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Up-to-date resume of educational history and work experience.
- 300 to 500-word essay: "Why I Want to Teach."
- Two Statements of Recommendation (use form posted below).
- Current photo (copy of driver's license or other headshot photo).
- Copy of required clearances (Act 24, Act 34, Act 151, Act 114 and TB).
- FLIP candidates must also submit official state testing results and be employed as a teacher.
- Personal interview with the TCP Director.
- Applicant will receive a letter of acceptance, including course requirements.