Wilson College offers dual enrollment to high school juniors and seniors who would like to take college courses on campus. Qualifed students earn college credit and experience the workload of a college class through this program. Credits earned can be applied to a Wilson degree or transferred at the discretion of the college or university of the student’s choice.
Value & Affordability
A standard three-credit course taken through the dual enrollment program costs an average of $325* when compared to the traditional part-time tuition rate of $832. High school students who enroll as a sophomore could save as much as one year’s worth of college tuition, a savings of more than $20,000.
* Cyber, charter, home and non-agreement schools are not eligible for the discounted tuition rate, but students at those schools may attend at the standard rate of $715 course.
How to enroll
A student must have the recommendation of a counselor and complete an application to participate in the program. The suggested steps to begin your dual enrollment journey are:
1. Only high school juniors and seniors may participate in the program.
2. You must have a cumulative GPA of a 3.0 and be in good academic standing.
3. You should discuss with your guidance counselor or other designated school official whether dual enrollment is right for you.
4. Your school official will provide you with contact information for Wilson’s dual enrollment liaison and an application.
5. Complete the application and return it to your guidance counselor, who will submit it to Wilson College.
6. Upon receipt of the completed application and school official recommendation, Wilson will notify you of your acceptance into the program.
Dual enrollment students may take up to two classes per term. In general, qualified participants are eligible for 100-level or first-year courses.
Most classes meet during the day on campus. Wilson’s dual enrollment liaison will work with you and your guidance counselor to determine which courses work best with your schedule.
Courses dual enrollment students have taken include:
- ENG 108 College Writing
- ENG 115 Writing about Literary Genres*
- BIO 101 and 102* General Biology 1 and 2 with lab
- BUS 124 Introduction to Business Management
- ECO 101 Introduction to Macroeconomics
- ECO 102 Introduction to Microeconomics
- FA 115-01 Art Appreciation*
- FA 142 Introduction to Design
- HIS 110 Early/Medieval European History
- HIS 124 American History to 1865
- MAT 103 College Algebra*
- PS 120 American Government
- PSY 110 Introduction to Psychology
- SOC 120 Introduction to Sociology
- SPN 101 Elementary Spanish
Once admitted to the dual enrollment program, you will register for courses each semester. Registration forms must be signed by a high school official.
Students are responsible for textbook costs and any additional class activity fees, such as lab or equitation fees.
*Course requires a prerequisite and/or placement exam.
If you need your Wilson College transcript visit this page for the transcript request form.
Dual Enrollment Liaison