Founded in 1869, Wilson is located in the town of Chambersburg, amid rural countryside but within 90 minutes of Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, Maryland, three hours of Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and four hours of New York City.
Wilson is ranked as a top college by U.S. News & World Report in a number of regional categories, including #5 for Best Value, #8 for Most International and #11 for Best College.
From the start of the first year, both international and American students quickly come to see Wilson as their second home. The College's rigorous, liberal arts-based academic program includes 35 majors and more than 40 minors, as well as 10 graduate degree programs. The 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio and collaborative community create an individualized learning environment that prepares students for success our global society.
International Application Process
1. Submit a Wilson College application through our application portal: Apply Today!
2. Please arrange to have the following materials forwarded to the Admissions Office:
- Official copy of your high school transcript with English translation.
- Official copies of college transcripts from ALL colleges/universities attended (transfer applicants only).
- English Language Test, such as TOEFL or IELTS or STEP, required from students whose native language is not English.
- TOEFL scores of 500 or higher or 61 on the internet-based test. The TOEFL college code for Wilson is 2979.
- IELTS minimum score of 5.0.
- STEP score minimum of Pre-1st.
- SAT or ACT scores will also fulfill the English Language Test requirement
Wilson’s small student to faculty ratio (12:1) fosters a personalized learning environment that stimulates individual growth and academic excellence. The College is privileged to be one of only 270 colleges in the United States that has a Phi Beta Kappa chapter – a national premier honor society. Academic offerings include more than 40 areas of study in the humanities, sciences and social sciences. All students have the opportunity to participate in internships, the Washington Center program for a semester or summer, study abroad and research projects. All students have the opportunity to complete a senior reserch project, internship or capstone project before graduation.,
International students receive the support of the International Student & Scholar Services office (ISSS), as well as English as a Second Language classes as needed. Financial aid is available for academically talented international students. Student life offers more than 30 student-led organizations that focus on academics, athletics, government/leadership, publications, special interests, such as the international club, and social activities. Athletes may choose from five NCAA Division III teams; field hockey, soccer, volleyball, basketball, lacrosse and softball for women and baseball, soccer, basketball, golf and volleyball for men.
There is guaranteed on-campus housing for full-time students. All residence halls are locked at all times; only residential students have the key to their building.
Wilson is located in Chambersburg, a historic and charming town in south central Pennsylvania. Chambersburg is centrally located 97 miles (156km) from Baltimore, MD, 96 miles (155km) from Washington, DC, and within easy driving distance of Harrisburg, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, PA. Wilson’s beautiful 300-acre (121.5 hectares) campus is safe and secure and includes gracious lawns and rolling hills on the banks of the Conococheague Creek.