The IRA Charitable Rollover act has been made permanent!
Individuals age 70 1/2 or older can make a rollover gift of up to $100,000 from their IRA to qualified charities such as Wilson College
Benefits of an IRA Charitable Rollover:
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to Wilson College
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Help further the work and mission of Wilson College
*This is not intended to be legal or tax advice. We encourage you to consult your own legal or tax advisor.
How an IRA Charitable Rollover gift works:
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift (check payable to Wilson College) directly from your IRA to Wilson College. Wilson College's Tax ID is 23-1352692.
- Your IRA funds will be transferred to Wilson College to help continue our important work
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction
- Contact us if you plan on making a gift this way so we can ensure proper designation
- Click here to download a sample letter for your IRA plan administrator
For questions about making an IRA Charitable Rollover gift, please contact the Office of Institutional Advancement at 717.262.2010 or firstname.lastname@example.org.