Nov. 17 – Full-time Art Director for Equine Journal
Salary: Commensurate with experience; includes comprehensive benefits package.
Position available: Immediately.
General duties will include:
- Design editorial articles and departments for print and digital issues of the magazine.
- Work with management and sales staff to create marketing materials for sales and circulation.
- Responsible for managing image and document files for issues and projects.
- Light Photoshop and illustration duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or Fine Arts preferred.
- Above average skills in Adobe Creative Suite and Incopy in a Macintosh environment.
- Digital publications experience a plus.
- Must manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously to meet short production schedules.
- Organized, disciplined and self-motivated.
- Ability to work individually, and in close cooperation with other employees and departments.
- Preference given to candidates with working knowledge of the horse industry and Western disciplines.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resumé and samples to:
Patty Tiberg, Group Publisher
2112 Montgomery St.
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Morris Media Network is an equal opportunity employer.
Nov. 10 - Internship Opportunity
Phelps Media Group Now Accepting Winter Interns
Are you ready to experience the horse show world at a new level and give your resume an extra boost? Phelps Media Group, Inc. (PMG), one of the foremost public relations firms in the world, is currently seeking interns for the 2015 winter horse show season.
Internships in multiple areas are currently available from January through April. PMG is seeking interns with experience in the hunter/jumper discipline, as well as dressage and polo. Interns will have the opportunity to write daily articles about the Winter Equestrian Festival and the Global Dressage Festival, as well as cover weekly polo events.
Interns will also have the opportunity to work in the Phelps Media Group offices to assist account executives and their public relations clients. Candidates should have an equestrian background and be majoring in public relations, marketing, journalism, or a related field. Applicants should have strong writing and photography skills.
Applicants must be able to provide their own housing and transportation in Wellington, FL, and be willing to travel. A weekly stipend will be provided. This internship could lead to a permanent position for the right candidate.
If you are interested in this internship opportunity please e-mail a resume, writing samples and photographic samples to email@example.com
Job Title: Managing Director of Hunter Programs
Reports To: Executive Director
This position manages competition-oriented hunter programs which support the goals and objectives of USHJA and ensures the programs’ continued growth and success. As new programs are approved, the Managing Director of Hunter Programs will work closely with the volunteers and other staff, including the Program Development Director, to develop and implement those new programs.
This position requires a blend of supervisory and technical skills which include, but are not limited to the following: organization, creativity, writing, collaborating and communicating, coordinating, influencing and problem solving. The other critical aspect of this job involves continually switching roles from worker to supervisor, depending upon the requirements of the task; do it yourself or facilitate others doing it.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This position places a major emphasis on program planning, management, implementation, coordination and evaluation.
Current programs include:
World Championship Hunter Rider
International Hunter Derby
National Hunter Derby
Children’s & Adult Regional Hunter Championships
Amateur Sportsmanship Award
Owners Legacy Award
USHJA Clinics at USEF Pony Finals
The Managing Director also acts as a liaison for assigned task forces including the Hunter Working Group and travels to Hunter Program events throughout year, keep website information current; oversees Hunter Programs budgets, coordinates promotion of programs and provides excellent customer service to the membership via email and phone regarding programs and events.
Required Education and/or Experience
• University graduate or an equivalent combination of education, training and expertise.
• Minimum of five years of work experience preferably in the hunter/jumper competition environment.
• Working knowledge of the hunter/jumper horse competition environment.
• Working knowledge of USHJA and USEF preferred.
For a complete job description or to submit a cover letter and resume, please contact Jackie Neumann by e-mail atmailto:%firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 502-485-9675 x245.
Position: Marketing Manager
Posted by: American Endurance Ride Conference
The American Endurance Ride Conference is seeking a marketing expert to increase AERC’s brand equity.
The AERC Board of Directors recently passed a motion to fund a part-time contract position. The individual will be responsible for building appeal for the sport of endurance riding and AERC via public relations outreach; managing social media development; developing a youth marketing plan; developing relationships with breed/sport associations; managing press release/story development and event marketing.
Prospective individuals must have marketing experience, and will be required to submit a resume, proposal/bid, writing samples and samples of prior ad campaigns. Can work remotely although some office visits to Auburn, California, may be required.
Contact the AERC office, email@example.com or 866-271-2372, for more information.
AERC's Marketing and Media Strategic Plan, prepared for AERC by Jennifer Waitte and Jenni Smith, can be viewed at http://www.aerc.org/AERC_MMSP.pdf.
Advertising Sales for Equestrian Quarterly
Represent the best.
Equestrian Quarterly (EQ) magazine is looking to add a print and online advertising sales professional to our marketing team.
- Print and online advertising sales to luxury brands, fashion, home and decor, jewelry, travel, real estate, as well as horse-related services and products.
- Knowledge of an equestrian discipline a plus.
- Protected account prospects provided.
- Work from your location.
- Commission plus bonuses.
Please send a cover letter along with your resume discussing your experience with these type of clients and the equestrian lifestyle to:
firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “AHP"
Equestrian Quarterly is an elegant, glamorous, intelligent, and fun magazine that is like none other. It is dedicated the equestrian and country life and is not discipline-specific. We include hunter/jumpers, polo, reining, Arabians and feature personal tours inside amazing homes and barns coast-to-coast, ranging from multi-million-dollar celebrity estates to cozy hunt boxes. EQ provides an insider’s view of equestrian society, as well a compelling mix of fashion, the arts, style, design, events, people, and equestrian sports. Our readers meet the country’s most exciting equestrians and travel the world to enjoy the equestrian lifestyle. Every issue features inspiring designs that run the gamut from timeless grandeur to cutting-edge chic, all presented in a lush, oversized visually arresting format.
In its inaugural year, American Horse Publications (AHP) selected Equestrian Quarterly as the Overall Best Magazine.
The statement by the AHP judges: “Equestrian Quarterly’s striking covers and beautiful design beg the reader to come and join the equestrian way of life. Open the pages and the overall feel, weight, color and outstanding photography make you want to savor each page. The content is an elegant mix of fashion, art and serious horsemanship articles. As a bonus, it looks fantastic on a coffee table.”
EQ is available at Barnes & Nobles, newsstands worldwide, by subscription, and at targeted venues, events, and locations.
In addition, EQ’s advisory board consists of a wide range of the most respected people in the equestrian field including several Olympians, fashion and interior design experts, and leaders in hunter/jumper, dressage, polo and more. EQ’s team boasts experience from Time, Robb Report, Coastal Living and Worth and EQ’s Photography Director shoots for GQ, Travel & Leisure, Vogue and Golf.
Alpha & Omega Mounted Security Patrol
Alpha & Omega Mounted Security Patrol is seeking a candidate with strong connections in the horse world to be its nationwide Director of Recruiting. This job involves recruiting riders to work as security personnel at music festivals and other venues nationwide.
Title: Director of Recruiting For Alpha & Omega Mounted Security Patrol
Salary/Benefits: Base salary with bonus plus excellent medical, dental, retirement benefits
Location: Frequent work in Dallas/Houston and at music festival sites nationwide
. Implement a recruiting program for A&O Troopers
. Recruit candidates to ride on mounted security
. Set up rider/horse interview and testing sessions
across the U.S. and schedule candidates
. Devise retention plan
. Review salary and benefit packages to determine
. Advise on promotion plan for Troopers
. Develop and maintain contacts in horse/riding
. Develop incubator programs for inexperienced
. Set up training for horses and riders who did not
pass the first round of testing
. Host riding clinics which can be mined for
. Attend horse community trade shows, rodeos, and
other events to search for candidates
Experience, education and requirements:
. Some post-secondary education, technical training, or military service
. 5 years business experience
. Willingness and flexibility to travel
. Ability to work independently
. Goal oriented
. Sales experience helpful
. Ag business connections helpful
. Ability to establish and work within budget
Alpha & Omega Mounted Security Patrol (A&O), a family-owned business founded in 1990, is the nation's largest and oldest private mounted patrol. Highly trained, uniformed Troopers provide public safety services at mixed use developments, amphitheaters, music festivals and other mass gatherings at locations across the United States. Kel Executive Services (KES) is an affiliate of A&O that provides full service security consultation, planning and implementation.
Equestrian Culture Magazine
Position: Independent Advertising Sales Representative
Company: Equestrian Culture Magazine
Location: Work From Home
Equestrian Culture magazine is seeking a self-motivated and passionate individual to join our team and help us grow this beautiful new publication! Our ideal candidate is outgoing, intelligent, professional, and has a great team spirit.
Familiarity with the horse industry is a plus!
• Maintain and expand our advertiser base.
• Confidently handle cold calling, giving prospective clients strong and compelling presentations over the phone.
• Educating potential clients on the value of
Equestrian Culture and how our multi-media partnership can grow their business.
• Following up with clients: ability to convert prospects and close deals.
• Meeting and exceeding sales goals on a consistent basis.
• Excellent presentation, communication, and organizational skills.
• Excellent customer services skills.
• Experience working from home.
• Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
• High level of integrity and work ethic.
• Experience in the horse and equestrian industry is preferred.
• Strong computer skills.
Equestrian Culture discovers the best art, style, and boutique businesses representing the passionate equestrian.
We make it a point to include three to four in-depth interviews with equine artists, photographers, and businesses unique to this market in each issue. Our readers discover beautiful products via our "Small Business Spotlight", read heartwarming stories about favorite horses and riding lessons in "The Horse Behind the Brand" and find inspiration in our featured equine artist and photographer interviews.
Equestrian Culture is available both in print and online.
Printed copies of Equestrian Culture are distributed nationally to Barnes & Noble bookstores, internationally to subscribers and at some of North America's most prestigious horseshows. The Equestrian Culture team is passionate, caring, fun, and energetic.
Compensation: Commission Only
Position Available: Immediately
Please send resumé and references to:
Founder & Editorial Director
Equestrian Culture Magazine
Cavalia Seeking Veterinary Technician
Working under the supervision of the Equestrian Operations Director, the Veterinarian Technician is responsible for the good health and well-being of horses on tour. This position requires working variable shifts.
. Plan and provide treatments and nutritional programs for horses
. Monitor the horses' health and provide treatment if necessary
. Coordinate treatment with the veterinarian
. Order food and medical supplies
. Make sure that the stables are conform to hygiene and safety measures
. Supervise the maintenance of the equipment and monitor the inventory
. Participate in set-up/tear down of the stables
. Assist the manager in transporting the horses between cities
. Provide help backstage during shows
. Perform all other tasks related to the site maintenance and smooth running of operations.
. Diploma in animal/equine health technology is an asset
. Experience with show horses, specially stallions is an asset
. Team and detail oriented
. Interested in touring full-time with the show and authorized to travel and work in foreign countries
To be discussed. Transportation, lodging, food and per diem are provided on tour.
National Horse Sports Network seeks Social Media & Marketing Manager
Location: (Arcadia, California)
SOCIAL MEDIA AND MARKETING MANAGER
Do you have a passion for horses and/or horse racing?
The Social Media and Marketing Manager at HRTV will have two areas of responsibility: social media and consumer communications.
A. Social Media
- Working with the head of marketing, the Social Media and Marketing Manager will take the lead and central role in developing and implementing HRTV's Social Media Strategy, supporting brand awareness of the HRTV networks, generating TV viewership and inbound traffic to HRTV.com <http://www.hrtv.com/> and developing leads for HRTV.com <http://www.hrtv.com/> subscription sales.
- This role coordinates with the internal Marketing and the Digital Media Team to support their respective missions, ensuring consistency in voice and cultivating an ever-increasing social media referral network. Specifically, the ideal candidate will grow the HRTV Facebook Fan and Twitter Followers counts, develop, the HRTV YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest sites, and explore and as appropriate, initiate new social opportunities and various relevant blogging sites as they become viable.
- Plan and implement the social media tacticalinitiatives at HRTV and HRTV.com <http://www.hrtv.com/> , coordinating with Live Production, Digital Media and PR to ensure its effectiveness and encouraging adoption of relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture, including all of HRTV's platforms and public personnel.
- Work with in-house graphics resources to assure the optimal and appropriate art is available for use on each social platform.
- Work with the Digital Media Team to ensure socialmedia tools (for ex. FB connect, Sharing buttons) are kept up to date
- Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities. Duties include online advocacy, writing editorial, selected community-outreach efforts, supporting marketing, tune-in, promotions, etc.
- Manage presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed.
- Be HRTV's advocate in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Manage social outreach programs and build an active brand ambassador network to spread the word about the HRTV and HRTV.com
- Monitor and report effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to continually maximize results.
- Regularly feedback insights gained from social media monitoring into the Marketing and Editorial teams, to help them evolve their strategies in a timely fashion
- Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications and recommend best practices
B. Consumer Communications
- Working with the overall mission and goals, and specific timely events on the HRTV platforms, the Social Media and Marketing Manager will take a central role in HRTV's Consumer Communications Strategy developing outbound consumer messaging tactics to be addressed to current and potential HRTV viewers and HRTV.com visitors and subscribers. Specifically, the ideal candidate will implement print and online advertising, direct marketing, email and on-site campaigns for HRTV.
- Implement the consumer communications initiatives at HRTV and HRTV.com, coordinating with Live Production, Digital Media and PR to ensure goals are on target and optimize synergy.
- Work with in-house graphics resources to assure the optimal and appropriate art is available.
- Manage the HRTV email campaign plan, including schedule, topics and inclusion of advertisers. Duties include composing awareness, optimal tune in/click through, direct response and local activation copy.
- Integrate subscriber acquisition and marketing promotional initiatives across all outbound communications and social media, as appropriate.
- Monitor and report effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of consumer communications, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns to continually maximize results.
- Regularly feedback insights gained from monitoring the impact of communications into the Marketing and Editorial teams, to help them evolve their strategies in a timely fashion
- Monitor and report on trends in online advertising, media, email and direct marketing.
- Plus other responsibilities that may be assigned.
- Must have knowledge and experience in the equestrian world, including Thoroughbred Horse Racing (history, statistics, players, etc.) and other Western and English horse sports.
- Strong project management, writing and organizational skills.
- Self-starter, focused, results-oriented and having a drive for sales
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships.
- Must be knowledgeable of social media trends in Thoroughbred Horse Racing and Western and English horse sports.
- In-depth knowledge, experience with and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
- Knowledge, understanding and experience with best practices in direct marketing, including email, on-site and other campaigns.
- Must be knowledgeable of social media best practices and be comfortable overseeing and executing the social media footprint under those practices
- Experienced with successful print, online and location-based marketing efforts
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
- Must have experience with SEO, analytics, tracking and analysis of posts and data
- Must be a good team player and can work collaboratively to achieve company goals
- Must be able to work flexible schedules, including Saturdays and Sundays Must have Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field.
- Marketing/Social Media experience: 3+ years
Please email cover letter & resume to email@example.com
Morris Media Network Equine Group seeks an experienced Associate Editor/Writer for Cowboy Publishing Group
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Salary: Commensurate with experience; includes comprehensive benefits package
- Write event coverage, feature stories, how-to articles and various department articles.
- Take high quality digital photographs and video to illustrate feature articles, and for use in departments, blogs, web content and social media.
- Develop and post content for web site and for social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Represent magazine at industry functions as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in English or journalism.
- Minimum of five years experience.
- Leadership and management abilities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Organized, disciplined and self-motivated.
- Strong technical and feature writing abilities.
- Strong background and working knowledge of Western equine disciplines.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and samples to:
Cowboy Publishing Group
Patty Tiberg, Group Publisher
2112 Montgomery St.
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Morris Media Network is an equal opportunity employer.
Palm Partnership Training Seeks Intern for Social Media and Online Marketing
Palm Partnership Training seeks creative enthusiastic intern to further develop online marketing through social media including Facebook, twitter and YouTube. Additionally, website maintenance and editorial assignments may arise.
The applicant should be familiar with current industry trends and relevant media outlets. The ideal candidate can work independently, interact well with team members and follow directions closely, at the same time, taking initiative and capable of meeting deadlines.
Opportunity can be for onsite office location in Ocala, FL or long distance for the suited candidate. Future employment could become available after three months. Please submit resume and additional supporting materials to Marie-Frances Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Lynn Palm
Palm's career highlights include 2007 American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA) Horsewoman of the Year, a record four AQHA Superhorse wins, AQHA Female Equestrian of the Year by the Women's Athletic Association, named one of the top United States clinicians by Horse & Rider magazine, over 34 AQHA World and Reserve World Champions, over 50 bridleless dressage exhibitions at events including the National Horse Show, 1989 World Cup and the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games, and World Cup. Palm and Cyril Pittion-Rossillon are co-founders of three horse industry companies: Palm Partnership Training, Women LUV Horses, and Alliance Saddlery USA. Palm is the author of the new release, The Rider's Guide to Real Collection. Being the first female with an equine educational TV show, Palm's training show airs on HRTV Dish
404 Tuesday evenings with additional airings throughout the week and on demand at HRTVlive.com.
About Cyril Pittion-Rossillon
Pittion-Rossillon hails from Paris, France, where he earned his Riding Master Degree from the French National Equestrian School. With his extensive equine background and thirty years of experience, Cyril brings an ideal background to his instructor duties. His credentials include: Trained under members of French Olympic Team . French Junior Jumper Circuit . French Open Jumper Circuit (Levels 5 and 6) .
Eventing Preliminary Division . AQHA & USEF Hunter Division . Youth & Amateur Coach for USEF & AHSA competition .
Co-Director and Instructor Palm Partnership Training Clinics . Co-Founder and Managing Director of Alliance Saddlery
Palm Partnership Training
9445 NW 60th Ave
Ocala, FL 34482
Advertising Representative Job Opening
I-5 Publishing LLC, the country's leading publisher of enthusiast magazines, books and websites, is seeking a sales representative to join our equine and farming advertising team.
Do you have a knowledge and passion for horses?
Are you looking for the opportunity to further refine and groom your sales skills?
Would you like to work with an innovative, enthusiastic, and forward thinking team?
If you answered yes to these questions, have at least 1-2 years of successful sales experience, and are career oriented, then apply now! Send your resume to <mailto:email@example.com> firstname.lastname@example.org.
About I-5 Publishing LLC I-5 Publishing is the leading provider of multi-platform content for special interest communities and brands. I-5 is part of the only truly full-service publishing services organization - offering brands a complete solution from generation of content to preparation for all platforms to distribution to mass market and specialty retailers and into consumers' homes.
I-5 Publishing is headquartered in Irvine, CA, with offices in Glendale, CA; Shelton, CT; Lexington, KY; Chicago, IL and Metuchen, NJ.