Students completing a Biochemistry and Molecular Biology major will
- Achieve an understanding of the theories and applications of general, cellular and molecular biology, biochemistry and analytical chemistry.
- Demonstrate competency in the laboratory.
- Apply quantitative reasoning skills and critical thinking to problem solving in all areas of chemistry and biochemistry.
- Gain research experience through the three semester research sequence and optionally a summer internship.
- Acquire and analyze chemical literature.
- Effectively communicate scientific information, orally and in the written form.