The accessibility coordinator and designated staff members administer academic quizzes and exams that require the accommodation of extended time, a distraction-reduced environment, adaptive equipment, readers and/or scribes, an alternative testing format, etc. Faculty may also choose to provide alternative testing accommodations within their department. The student’s accommodations must be provided regardless of which area is used. Faculty should consult the accessibility services coordinator regarding appropriate accommodations and test administration procedures.
The accessibility services coordinator follows the guidelines below to protect the integrity and security of each quiz and exam.
1. Deliver quiz or exam to the accessibility services coordinator via one of the following methods:
1. Email the accessibility services coordinator seven days before the date you wish to schedule with the following information:
2. Contact your professor via email to communicate that you plan to take your exam in the Academic Success Center.
3. Report to the Academic Success Center at your scheduled time.
1. The accessibility services coordinator will send a courtesy email to the instructor as a reminder that a student intends to complete an upcoming quiz or exam in the Academic Success Center.
2. The accessibility services coordinator will return the exam to the instructor/department.