Program Learning Goals
All students majoring in Art & Design, regardless of concentration, will demonstrate
• A developed visual sensitivity.
• The technical skills, perceptual development, and understanding of principles of visual organization sufficient to achieve basic visual communication and expression.
• A developing artistic voice, demonstrating the creation of original work, a command of compositional techniques, and a range of knowledge, technique, and craft.
Students majoring in the concentration in Art will also demonstrate
• Some familiarity with the works and intentions of major artists/designers and movements of the past and the present, both in the Western and non-Western worlds.
Students majoring in the concentration in Graphic Design will also demonstrate
• Intent, design, and execution in building visual communication materials from goals and images to finished product.
Students majoring in the concentration in Web Design will also demonstrate
• Intent, design, and execution in building a website from goals and images to finished product.
- Art & Design
- Course Requirements
- Art & Design Faculty
- Student Learning Goals
- High School Art Show
- Career Opportunities
- Visiting Artists
- Master of Fine Arts